What better way to describe my beloved home province, Iloilo, than by pictures.
Included in the gallery are:
- University of the Philippines in the Visayas Main Building – it was once a city hall donated by the city governement to the institution;
- Deco’s La Paz Batchoy – the first thing that comes in to mind when you say “Iloilo”, the special La Paz Batchoy;
- Jaro Cathedral – Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria;
- Jaro Cathedral Belfry – it’s standing alone in the plaza, separate from the Cathedral structure;
- Lou Franz Beach Resort – I still have to make a separate post regarding this. Watch out for that soon;
- Miag-ao Church – one of the world’s heritage site in the Philippines;
- Tigbauan Church – and the famous mosaic inside the church.
Back in high school, I was particularly ignorant on what path should I take. Everybody’s got a plan on what to take up in college, while I still wonder.
When we were given the application forms for the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT), I was browsing through the choices of courses I have. Basically, Diliman was not a choice. It would be too far away from home, and my parents won’t allow that. Therefore, I only have either the Iloilo City Campus or Miag-ao.
Frankly, I want it closer to the city. It would be where life really is. That’s why I’ve narrowed my selection to the Iloilo City Campus, which offered only Management courses. The Iloilo City campus is the home of the UPV College of Management. And the most viable course for me would be B.S. Accountancy.